Saturday, February 07, 2009

iTouchberry

I now own a iTouch 16GB. I think it is the best MID/web-tablet currently in the market. Being a web-tablet was something which my N82 was failing at miserably. Though it had opera mini and a decent Webkit based browser, it just was not cutting it. But I did not want to get an iPhone because a) Its costly and b) It's costly..

A couple of days back, I read Steve Litchfield's blog on www.allaboutiphone.net about how he had combined the iTouch with the N82 to get the best of both worlds and that is when I realized that I was doing the same thing. My N82 has a great camera and the iPhone's 2.0 Mpx one does not even stand a chance against it. The iTouch has the best web browsing experience ever on a mobile device. But that again is not the best thing about it.

The best part of the iTouch is an application called NetNewsWire or rather the iphone application for the Newsgator RSS feed reader. It allows you to download RSS feeds to the iphone and then browse them offline. Think of it like a blackberry for RSS feeds. One can add new RSS feeds via the Newsgator website or the Feedgator desktop application. And there's more, the feed read/unread status gets synced between the three platforms.

Using the NetNewsWire application has been great for on-the-go catching up on news. I can now finish off most of my news during the morning commute. This would not have been possible on a EDGE/GPRS based connections. The UI is great to quickly dispatch off a couple hundred unread items and the feed-sync means when I login to my desktop once I reach office, I have the exact read/unread items. The iTouchberry is not only the best web-tablet but when combined with the NetNewsWire iPhone application, the best feed reader.

Labels: , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, February 17, 2009, Anonymous Arif said...

The thought to upgrade my 80GB ipod for the itouch, had crossed me more than once. But 16GB is just way too less just for my podcasts, forget the rest of the audio/video material I have.

 
At 7:44 PM, February 17, 2009, Blogger Toufeeq said...

Arif,

I am a big believer in dedicated devices and I consider a one-size-fits-all approach for consumer media devices as an EPIC FAIL.

I believe dedicated devices provide the best of class experience for whatever task they are made out for. The iTouch for me is a great RSS feed-reader and a good gaming platform. I would use it only for that. It's a very average media player and for that I still prefer my 30GB iAudio X5L with its diverse codec support (cannot give up FLAC) and thats exactly what I use it for.

If you have a device which is doing one thing and doing it very well I dont see why one needs to ditch it for a "jack of all trades" device.

 
At 12:01 PM, December 07, 2009, Blogger bendprue said...

Lucky to u........................................

 
At 9:26 AM, December 21, 2009, Blogger 晚上 said...

.有價值的東西,都要付出代價。-..................................................

 
At 5:05 PM, January 20, 2010, Blogger 感冒 said...

人必須心懷希望,才會活的快樂,日子才過得充實,有意義,有朝氣,有信心。........................................

 
At 6:25 PM, February 10, 2010, Blogger 消炎 said...

與其爭取不可能得到的東西,不如善自珍惜運用自己所擁有的........................................

 
At 12:00 PM, March 01, 2010, Anonymous オテモヤン said...

オナニー
逆援助
SEX
フェラチオ
ソープ
逆援助
出張ホスト
手コキ
おっぱい
フェラチオ
中出し
セックス
デリヘル
包茎
逆援
性欲

 
At 9:07 PM, March 05, 2010, Blogger 精采表演 said...

要愛你的仇敵,為那些逼迫你的人禱告........................................

 
At 6:17 AM, March 23, 2010, Blogger 原諒 said...

thx u very much, i learn a lot

 
At 8:38 AM, April 02, 2010, Blogger 怡如 said...

最偉大的天才如果終日躺在草地上,讓微風吹拂,眼望天空,那麼溫柔的 靈感也不會光顧他的。 ....................................................

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License. My Way My blog. Toufeeq Hussain