Tuesday, February 27, 2007

LibraryThing.com

LibraryThing is my obsession of the day.


It's amazon.com done right the community way. Think of it like flickr but only books. You can search and add the books which you have read and found interesting and tag them. This way you make a book-list of yourself. You can see mine here.


Once you do that you can discuss with the community which liked that book and see what other people have to say about it. Members can also write mini-reviews and rate the book.


You can also view the Zietgiest to see what are the top books and what books are reviewed most.


LibraryThing has exploded in the online scene and they have already surpassed Amazon in the number of tags. Also, like in flickr they also have communities for books where members can discuss books which gives it a book-club like feel. Here's the Green Dragon community for Tolkien, it's the largest and the most active community. Go Join!


Technorati Tags :, , ,

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, December 19, 2007, Anonymous Arif said...

Salaams Toufeeq,

Thanks for reminding me about Librarything.com I had registered and added a couple of books too. However a couple of months ago my reading hit a slump, so did my entries in Librarything.

Now that you've posted this, I have put in a few more books to put in my list since I've last logged in.

Cheerio,
Arif

 
At 11:51 AM, February 27, 2008, Blogger Sona Dalsania said...

hey! can u help me to find a site where in ,even the content of the books in this "fliker" kind of librarythings( cool book Shelves ) can be seen.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License. My Way My blog. Toufeeq Hussain