CNet's top 10 geek women is absurd. Was horrified to find Paris Hilton at number 10. What were the editors thinking when they decided to club that dumb female with luminaries like Marie Curie , Grace Hopper and Aleks Krotoski.
A few ladies who(according to me) deserve a spot instead of Paris for their association with Computer Science.
Repeat after me, carrying a Sony PSP and talking on your pink RAZR doesn't make one a geek. Even having Lisa Simpson there is an affront to women in science. Here are some more brilliant women in technology.
- Emmy Noether. Einstein calls her "the most significant creative mathematical genius thus far produced since the higher education of women began".
- Jeri Ellsworth
- And more recently Kim Polese.
And then, we have the organizations of women in technology.
- Association for Women in Science
- Commitee on Women in Science and Engineering
- Women of NASA
- Society of Women Engineers
And finally, perhaps the most beautiful woman geek of all time Hedy Lemarr