Saturday, April 22, 2006

Back to school

I'm in chennai for the weekend and while I'm here, I'm going to my oldschool days of music-listening. So,

Green Day,Madonna,Psapp,Audioslave,KoRn = OUT

Sepultura,Anthrax,Megadeth,Theatre of Tragedy,LedZep = IN

Feels good to get back to one's roots.Currently my playlist holds the following albums.

  1. Megadeth - Rust In Peace - 10/10
  2. Anthrax - The Greater of Two Evils - 8/10 *new*
  3. Sepultura - Dante XXI - 7/10 *new*
  4. Theatre of Tragedy - Storm - 5/10 [Single] *new*
  5. Led Zeppelin - IV - */*

I'll give a rough rating for each album. No need to rate Deth's best album till date, it automatically deserves a 10-er. The Anthrax one is a re-recording of good old stuff which deserves a solid 8 just for the replay value. Sepultura's offering is not another Chaos A.D, it is however a concept album and narrates Dante's "Divine Comedy". Filled with short 3 to 4 minute thrash-blasts it is also the best Sepultura album post-Max Cavalera. I thought Theatre of Tragedy was down,out and done with after Liv Kristine left the band to form Leaves' Eyes but they seemed to have found a replacement Nell Something and I have to say she is no Liv Kristine.ToT disappointed. Guys, go get Liv Back and give me another "Hamlet for a soulful vassel", the pop craze is over. The last one on the list, heh.. there's really nothing *I* can write about it.

2 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, April 22, 2006, Blogger RamantheB said...

Oh boy!!

I remember my Rust in Peace Days ... first in 11th and 12th listening to Tornado Of Souls and then during first year of undergrad trying to play it.
Marty Friedman rocks!!

One of megadeth's best albums no doubt.

You should try and listen to this band TOOL.

May be ull like them.w

 
At 3:21 PM, April 23, 2006, Blogger Toufeeq said...

My favourites to date remain "Holy Wars" and "Tornado of Souls" from Rust in Peace.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License. My Way My blog. Toufeeq Hussain