Thursday, March 09, 2006

Microsoft Live-vibes

Micorsoft has redone the Live! homepage and basically given it a makeover.
Problem : It's a replica of netvibes which is my favourite online RSS reader.And netvibes gives me more and is a lot simpler to use and subscribe to feeds than Live.And it really is alpha(not even beta).It has been trying to import mu .opml feed for the last half hour.One thing innovative here is the inclusion of can now be created with specific content for each page.

technorati tags: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, March 09, 2006, Blogger Tegan said...

Hi,

I read your comments on web based personalized desktops. I was wondering if you have visited Pageflakes already? We are offering a similar service allowing you to read news feeds and set up multiple pages that can be customized with local weather, address book, todo lists, event finders, TV guides and much more. Looking forward to hearing from you. Maybe you have some thoughts on where we can improve.

Thanks and best regards
Tegan

 
At 6:30 PM, March 09, 2006, Anonymous Enrique said...

I was using net vibes, then discovered Protopage, and switched to this one becouse it offres multiple pages.
Have you tried it?

 
At 6:30 PM, March 09, 2006, Blogger Toufeeq said...

Hi Tegan,

Pageflakes is impressive.I'm already signed up for an account at Pageflakes.However IMHO, it's a bit heavy and takes up too much browser real-estate.Netvibes is simple and get's the job done.At the end of the day what I want is a service which gets my job done and at the same time doesn't get in the way.Maybe this is because of my UNIX-y mentatility of "Keeping it simple" and "Do one thing and do it best".

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License. My Way My blog. Toufeeq Hussain