Monday, December 05, 2005

Infy City!

I'm currently in Bangalore Infosys Development Center. Damn this place is huge.It has around 45 buildings and they are spread over acre's and acre's of land.It's confusing actually.There is no one straight route from one building to the another.All buildings are inter-connected by pathways and they are not even straight.Each pathway seems to be taking it's own direction.Well I think this is one of the problems with UNIX users, UNIX?! What's UNIX got to do with how an IT company is designed.Well, UNIX user's are pretty straight-forward people who adhere to Djikstra's 'shortest-route algorithm'.What I'm saying is they know that if someone has to get from point A to Point B there's one shortest path which will take you there.Well I was trying to use Djikstra's algorithm today.I would have been successful if it had not been for the pathways.Damn things are never straight,they snake their way around buildings,parks,fountains,lakes,benches etc.I don't know maybe it was designed by a Windows Usability Expert.All things apart,the whole DC is monumental.Huge majestic buildings with each building having it's own artistic beauty.

8 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, December 06, 2005, Blogger srid said...

Welcome dude! I am staying somewhere near IIMB. Let's meet?
-sridhar (9880504674)

 
At 10:37 PM, December 06, 2005, Blogger Toufeeq said...

I have no idea of Bangalore city and it's various locations.Only thing I know is BTM,Koramangala,MG Road. :P

 
At 3:39 AM, December 07, 2005, Anonymous Manoj said...

Djikstra eh? I'm reminded of our combined study during the univ exams :-) we studied from 2 different versions of Tenenbaum

M.

 
At 7:45 AM, December 07, 2005, Blogger Manish said...

Welcome to Bangalore. Let's meet up sometime.

 
At 11:28 AM, December 07, 2005, Blogger RamantheB said...

cool dude. hope you get lucky in bangalore :-).

Djikstra !! hmmm. .i really learnt DJikstra's algorithm when i programmed it for my networking class assignments :-) ill never forget it now; shows in light the quality of undergrad education.

 
At 12:47 PM, December 07, 2005, Blogger Toufeeq said...

Manoj,
yeah, tanenbaum X 2, 1 Sibertshautz.
We also had that Xerox notes for that Unit IV(gopher,ftp,telnet) remember ?

heh heh fun times..
Machi, when are you coming to india da ?

 
At 8:20 AM, December 10, 2005, Blogger RamantheB said...

me coming dec 25th ..

 
At 11:11 AM, December 10, 2005, Blogger Toufeeq said...

Rama,

Cool da.Try to make it to bangalore if possible. :P

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License. My Way My blog. Toufeeq Hussain