Monday, November 28, 2005

Show me the Money !

It's the EOM(End of Month) period and like all techie's working in an IT firm my pocket has run dry.My wallet, which was once filled with grey-green bills is now filled with orange-brown Gandhi bills.An indication that the free flowing cornucopia(fancy word,don't know spelling!) which was abundant during the first few week of the month has dried out.

Come to think of it,it's strange how people manage their finances today.I remember the day when my dad used to bring home a leather bag full of cash at the starting of every month and it was kept in the almariah and each day it grew thinner.Today, all we have is plastic cash! My salary is a (not-disclosable) 5 digit numeral starting with 2 but how much do I actually "see" every month? If I'm lucky enough I get to see around 4000,and that's it.The rest is just virtual money that I "have".

Confused? I am too.Picture this, each day I take out 100 rupees from the ATM and use it for my daily needs.With that calculation I should be ending up sending around 3000/month.If that's the case where is the rest of my money? dammit!

I'll tell you where it is,reach down your wallet and pull out those plastic cards which you lovingly display in you wallet.Yeeesss! that's where the real money is.Gone are the days of paying in hard-cash.Nowdays, it's just 'cha-cha-cha swipe! cha-cha-cha swipe'!

Damn credit cards companies are the real paymasters.They control my finances and tell me how to live my life each month.Seriously my cards talk to me.."Yessss, buy that it! It's after 24 of this month you need'nt pay for another 45 days, buy it,buy it,BUY IT!" and I buy the item.The next month is going to be pathetic,I'm just going have to transfer my whole salary to the credit card company.Sometimes, I think I'm just going to cancel those damn cards and break the spell,each time I make up my mind and call the Customer Support,they remind me of my outstanding amount and I usually end up with a higher credit limit. More Credit,More Power they say.More Credit,More control over my Life I say.

Damn you cards,Show me my money!

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, November 28, 2005, Blogger srid said...

Use credit cards only for online transactions (like buying a flickr.com account).

I would recommend you to keep your credit card in home, unless required for this reason.

 
At 8:38 PM, November 28, 2005, Blogger Toufeeq said...

heh,you mistake me.I'm not an impulsive shopper.I'm a compulsive one :)
My shopping list is planned atleast 15 days in advance and once a long enough list is made it's shopping time.

 
At 3:21 PM, November 30, 2005, Blogger Kris Dev said...

credit cards are the american way of sucking you into a vortex and keeping you indebted, if you buy more than what you earn!!

Best is debit card and living within your means!!

As srid said, cards are the best form of payment, to avoid carrying cash. Even taxis abroad, accept cards.

It makes all transactions transparent.

Long live bio-metric linked cards.

Ban Currency for banning corruption and bringing in propsperity must be the slogan.

 
At 3:42 PM, November 30, 2005, Blogger Toufeeq said...

kris,
I've never been a victim of credit-card fraud so there was never a demand in my case for biometric based ones.

 
At 12:08 PM, April 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to our website for you World of Warcraft Gold,Wow Gold,Cheap World of Warcraft Gold,cheap wow gold,buy cheap wow gold,real wow gold,sell wow gold, ...
Here wow gold of 1000 gold at $68.99-$80.99 ,World Of Warcraft Gold,buy wow gold,sell world of warcraft gold(wow gold),buy euro gold wow Cheap wow gold,cheapest wow gold store ... buy euro gold wow wow gold--buy cheap wow gold,sell wow gold.welcome to buy cheap wow gold--cheap, easy, wow gold purchasing.World of Warcraft,wow gold Super ...
We can have your wow gold,buy wow gold,wow gold game,world of warcraft gold, wow Gold Cheap wow, Cheap wow gold,world of warcraft gold deal,Cheap WOW Gold ...

Welcome to our website for you World of Warcraft Gold,Wow Gold,Cheap World of Warcraft Gold,wow gold,buy cheap wow gold,real wow gold,sell wow gold, ...
Here wow gold of 1000 gold at $68.99-$80.99,World Of Warcraft Gold,buy wow gold,sell world of warcraft gold(wow gold),buy gold wow lightninghoof instock Cheap wow gold,cheapest wow gold store ...
wow gold--buy cheap wow gold,sell wow gold.welcome to buy cheap wow gold--cheap, easy, wow gold purchasing.World of Warcraft,wow gold Super ...
Wow gold- Gold for buy gold wow lightninghoof instock EU-Server: ...wow Gold EU: starting from 84,99?; 3000 WoW Gold EU: starting from 119,99?. wow Gold- Leveling Services: ...
We can have your wow Gold,buy wow Gold,wow Gold game,wow gold, Cheap wow Gold, Cheap World of Warcraft Gold,world of warcraft gold deal,buy cheap wow gold,Cheap WOW Gold ...

Here wow Gold of 1000 gold at $68.99-$80.99,World Of Warcraft Gold,buy wow Gold,sell world of warcraft gold(wow gold),Cheap wow gold,cheapest World of Warcraft Gold store

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License. My Way My blog. Toufeeq Hussain