Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Pass along the Payments - (don't ever) Show me the Money 2

After being paranoid about how credit cards are controlling my life,I walk into office today and was reading Planet Debian when this blog entry by Andres Solomon struck me.It's how AS got hold of a new Debit card from MasterCard with embedded RFID technology.This is what he has to say:

" So this new card has an RFID chip? That means I don’t actually need to swipe it, I can “pay” by just being in range of a reader? Wait a minute, this is a Debit card; that means I’m not afforded the protections that a normal credit card offers. "

Also RFID technology in credit cards which goes by the name "PayPass" seem to be the latest "payment trend" in plastic money.In Japan they are already using mobile phones for payment for cola and magazine kiosk's.All this is just aimed at better money flow but this just scares me, are we getting to the point in personal finance where an entity called "money or cash" will never exist ?

AS also dug up some info on PayPass which is available here and here.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:33 PM, December 01, 2005, Blogger RamantheB said...

Totally off topic, TOPA, have you ever used the Ubuntu distribution ? what are your thoughts. I am with SUSEright now but i am considering UBUNTU as well..

 
At 11:47 PM, December 01, 2005, Blogger Toufeeq said...

Rama,
Ubuntu,today is the best desktop distribution in the market.The best feature about it is the 6 month update period.While some distro's take a year to provide new packages Ubuntu takes 6 months.
SUSE is a good distro.A comparison cannot be made betweneen the two.Ubuntu is just more newbie friendly,SUSE is more of a workstation Distro.

 
At 1:26 PM, December 09, 2005, Anonymous pre paid credit cards said...

Well I just got back from the gym and I am beat. I am currently doing some research on pre paid credit cards and stumbled across your blog. Which cracks me up really. The internet can certainly land you off base sometimes. Even though Pass along the Payments - (don't ever) Show me the Money 2 is not completely related I think it is a cool blog. I have read back through the archives and lots of people make some very good points. Well I have been on-line forever it seems. I need to continue to plug away at pre paid credit cards . If you have the energy swing by pre paid credit cards . I try to update my site weekly and maybe you will see something you like. I already snagged your URL and put it in my favorites. If you do not mind I will be back again. Great job!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License. My Way My blog. Toufeeq Hussain