Friday, November 18, 2005

Blogger Authentication Problem

Google's authentication system seem's to be screwed up.I'm not able to login to blogger *at all*. Worse thing is even if I do manage to signin, I'm signing in as a different user.Once I signed in as "Nithya Pillai" and the other time as "m_a_n_a_s".Damn!

At first I thought this was a problem with Firefox's cache,so I cleared the cache and tried again.Still nothing! Then I thought it was because of Infy's proxy servers caching the blogger domain.I was all ready to start cribbing to CCD(The Infy Administration team) when I got an e-mail from Thejesh saying that he had successfully signed into Blogger under my id!

Damn! If I can get this blog entry posted I would be happy.

Update:Turns out the problem was due to Infosys's proxy server whose cache was poisoned.I'm currently using the Chennai proxy server and it's running fine.

Technorati Tags: , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:29 PM, December 01, 2005, Blogger RamantheB said...

hey topa was reading all your posts.
I have never known google to fail in any of its services at any time.

I guess the only every time u have an error page is when they are bouncing their servers for gmail. Have you ever had a problem with any of their other services

 
At 11:56 PM, December 01, 2005, Blogger Toufeeq said...

heh,
Don't worry you are right,Google never failed.The Infosys proxy failed,it picked up a worm and got it's cache poisoned and got it's session id's in a mix and this led to some confusion with wrong requests from the proxy.
People were even able to browse other employees Yahoo mail. :)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License. My Way My blog. Toufeeq Hussain